Monday, May 15, 2006

Well, it's been another fun Saturday in the old basement. The walls are primed and ready to paint. Below is the bathroom. The canned halogen lights will be directly above the sink and the toilet.



Penni is applying the first coat of Merlot. It went on like molasses. Kevin said it's going to take 3 coats. He's downstairs right now painting. But I'm working hard on this blog.



Yesterday was Mother's Day. The table was set fasual (that's fancy and casual) because, as you can see, we had candlelight, crystle stemware, place cards, paper plates, plastic forks (which broke with use and were replaced with real forks). I didn't want to spend all afternoon washing dishes. SOMEDAY I'll have a dishwasher. But until that day, we will serve our company in the fasual fashion.

Rats! I was so busy hosting that I forgot to take pictures of everyone sitting around the table. So, picture if you will, starting at the lower left corner and going clockwise, seated would be Mom (Gma), Penni (Mom), Kevin, Anna, Zeke, Steve, Marti, Beth, Maynard.



Kevin and Maynard diverted their attention from the Giro de Italia bike race momentarily while I took their photo. Team Discovery boasts a young new rider on their team from Iowa City.


Mom and I played Boggle while the men watched the race. After a few games Mom said she wasn't going to keep score anymore. Guess who was losing ;o) (I think she was using those made up words that one can find in the Scrabble so-called dictionary.) Where do they get those words anyway!!

1 comment:

Dan, Britt, Ethan, Kaylin, and Krystin said...

I hope when we visit that we, too, will be served in the "fasual fashion" :)